2.1
Style and Design
Turnaround Time

Mercedes Benz of Austin told me over the phone that the B service on a GL450 would be a minimum of $411 and consisted of an Oil and filter change plus a lot of checks (Fluids, leaks, joints, etc). When I responded that an oil change couldn't possibly cost $411 I was told.

That is the minimum and if you don't do the work at a Mercedes dealer it affects your warranty. Then I was told that at 35,000 miles I should also expect it to need a brake job since the inspections would likely reveal that the pads were below spec thickness wise.

This is just plain theft, threatening that the warranty will be impacted if I use someone else to avoid a $411 oil change. Who ever heard of a car needing new brakes at 35,000 miles under normal usage and how can they predict that without seeing the car?

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I didn't like: Service cost.

Comments

After 35,000. miles depending on how you drive YES!!

Your front brakes may need to be changed. As I am sure you probably know....The front brakes take the most impact on stopping the car, Period. It doesn't matter what kind of car you drive actually.

I have ALWAYS been impressed with my Mercedes repair men! They know what they are doing!