Candler-Mcafee, Georgia

I have a 2004 Mercedes e320. My complaint is Mercedes-South Atlanta intentionally broke several items on my vehicle after they tried to double bill me and I refused to pay them. Mercedes South Atlanta are crooks and lack integrity.

Related: DriveTime - Mercedes Benz Car Review

The car had a full diagnostic and had the fuel pump replaced on Jan 12, 2015 in Virginia. The car suddenly stopped on arrival to Atlanta on a road trip from VA to Atlanta on Jan 26, 2015. The car was towed to Mercedes-Buckhead in Atlanta. Full diagnostic was done and they stated there was damage to the rear SAM unit and a water leak on the left of the trunk and rear fender.

We held off on the performing the repairs, took the vehicle to be stored in a garage and called our insurance company. My insurance advised us to take it back to Mercedes so it was taken to Mercedes-South in Atlanta on Mar 12, 2015. They said the SAMs Unit needed to be replaced and it had a water leak. Mercedes South repaired the following: Drain Rail pins, L R Trunk liner/panel, push pins, rear platice trunk trim and clips, rear SAM replaced, reconnect SDS and charger, Trunk drain rails left and RT sides, Two plastic cover replaced, version code IT (this is how it was listed on my invoice).

On Apr 25, 2015 - Went to Mercedes to pick of the vehicle – was told it was repaired and ready. The bill was paid for the vehicle and the service department had vehicle pulled to the front vehicle pickup– the vehicle was covered with debris and dirt. The car had to be jump started to turn on. The keyless entry would not work at that time. Upon inspecting the trunk – it was full of water. We talked to service advisor Kevin Wade – who also saw the water in the trunk and stated it needed to get further water testing and inspection to see why it was full of water. Pictures where taken of the car. The manager came and viewed he vehicle and it was left at the Mercedes South. During this time we where relocating from Atlanta to Virginia – so we left the vehicle and went to VA.

On Apr 30, 2015 – Manager Craig Beauchamp talked to me regarding the condition of the car and currently water testing to find out why water was in the trunk.

On May 27, 2015 – We traveled from Virginia to Atlanta to pick up the car. Arrived at Mercedes to pick up car – upon inspection of the car – the trunk was dismantled. The service tech had to jump the vehicle. I immediately asked for the Manager, Craig Beauchamp informed me he didn’t know what was going on with the vehicle. There was an error message on the dash, the gas tank would not open, and the dome light was stuck on. They stated they had to do a full diagnostic to see what the problem was. I left the vehicle returned to VA.

Jun 16, 2015 – Spoke with Manager Craig. Discussed all the discrepancies found when coming to pick up vehicle. He stated the new SAMs unit that was just put in the vehicle in Apr at the Mercedes was now also water damaged while on Mercedes lot and he didn’t know the cause of all the additional problems. He stated he would get back to me regarding cost to repair vehicle and who is responsible.

Sep 30, 2015 – Traveled to Atlanta from DC - went to Mercedes and talked to Manager Craig. After argument and refusing to pay for a new SAM’s unit and some additional charges due to the fact the car never left the dealership, he stated they would replace the second SAMs unit at no charge.

Oct 2, 2015 – Picked up my Mercedes from Mercedes South – Manager Craig was not available. At pick-up before leaving Mercedes South lot, I discovered several things not operating on vehicle that worked prior to taking to Mercedes shop.

Items broken or missing while in the care of Mercedes for repair.

• Broke gas tank door- it locked and opened with release button – does not lock now and has nicks suggesting it was pried open and rust.

• Front bumper needle opening panel for towing completely missing.

• Unplugged alarm stating it went off all the time – the car never had that problem.

• Cup holder does not release and open.

• Radio does not turn on.

• CD player does not open up.

• Plastic cover in the trunk missing – was on the list as replaced. Was in trunk on May 27 pickup – Was not in the trunk on Oct 2nd pickup.

• Extra pack of fuses in the trunk missing.

Additional problems Mercedes South stated on the invoice as inoperable:

• Connector for alarm siren broken

• Audio gateway not working

• Current codes for heater shut off motor and in car temp sensor

Nov 26 – Car stopped/cut off on the road and had to be towed.

Review about: 2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320.

I didn't like: Bad service, Length of time of service.

1.4
Turnaround Time
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Mercedes Benz Car
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / Not specified
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Mercedes Benz?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.